When picking the right juicer machines, it is important to realize that not every juicer is created equal to your juicing needs. As such, you must choose the best type that will suit your needs.
For one thing, you want the best juicer that will fit right into your budget. For another thing, you want features like easy to use, clean and store; applicable to the types of fruits and vegetables that you like to juice; and extracts juice as much as possible. With these thoughts in mind, you can now start to choose the best juicer for your home.
Choose According to Type
There are four main kinds of juicers – centrifugal, masticating, twin gear and citrus. Each one has its pros and cons as briefly outlined below:
- Centrifugal juicers provide for fast, easy and convenient way to juice many types of fruits and vegetables since there is no need to chop the ingredients finely.
- Citrus juicers are exclusively made to extract juice from citrus fruits like oranges.
- Masticating juicers can be used to make sorbets, sauces and baby food in addition to the juices.
- Twin gear models are the most efficient and most versatile kind although the most expensive, too.
Basically, you will choose the type of machine according to the kinds of fruits and vegetables that you prefer to drink in their juice forms. For example, if you only like citrus fruits juice, then the twin gear models are not a good investment.
Amount of Power
Another factor that is affected by the type of ingredients you prefer to use is the power of the juicer. The general rule is that the harder the ingredients that will be placed into the juicer, the more power is necessary. In most instances of home use, 400 watts is more than sufficient for the purpose. The most important thing is that the motor can withstand years of use.
Also, it is important to note that the higher the power of the motor, the noisier it can become. So, if you want whisper-soft operation, then ask the salesman to demonstrate the juicer so that you can determine if you can live with the noise, or lack thereof.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
We all live busy lifestyles, which is one of the reasons why you opted to buy a juicer. You want to consume your healthy share of fruits and vegetables even when you are on the go, thus, the juices.
And busy lifestyles demand ease of operation and cleaning. As much as possible, go for the simpler juicer since it will usually take the shorter time to clean and store. Unless, of course, you want to experiment with the features, then go ahead with the more complicated models. Just make sure that the components are dishwasher-safe so that you can easily clean them in a few minutes.
Costs of Purchase and Maintenance
In many instances, cost may not be a factor. Still, if you want good value for your money, it does pay to compare prices and features before buying into the juicer. But remember to count in maintenance costs, if any.
So, now you have the tips to choose from between the many types of juicer machines in the market. Juice up!
- Types of Juicers
- Compare Juicer Reviews and Ratings
- Manual Wheatgrass Juicer Reviews and Tips
- Centrifugal Juicer Advantages and Disadvantages
- Masticating Juicers: Benefits of These Juicing Machines
- Top Steamer Juicer Models
- Best Tomato Juicer to Buy
- The Best Juicer or Best Juice Extractor for You
- Breville vs. Jack LaLanne Juicers
- Stainless Steel Juicer Vs. Plastic Juicer Models
- Juicer Price: Do You Get What You Pay For?