Is wheatgrass good for you? Wheatgrass juice has very powerful health benefits. It is considered one of the best food medicines around and you can make it at home in your juicer.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
- Wheatgrass contains so many beneficial nutrients it’s a wonder why doctors don’t prescribe a shot of this superfood for more patients. Wheatgrass juice contains chlorophyll, vitamins A, B, C, E, and K. It is high in protein. It contains seventeen amino acids.
- Chlorophyll alone is beneficial and helps the body to fight off free radicals (cancer causing agents.) Chlorophyll helps to fight off harmful bacteria. It helps to neutralize toxins and acts as a cleanser for the liver and the blood. It helps to regulate blood sugars.
- Wheatgrass juice provides quick energy. Drink it for a boost of energy at the start of the day. It’s perfect to drink before doing a workout.
- Drinking wheatgrass juice on a regular basis will help to heal the skin of acne. It can even help to heal scars if consumed over seven to eight months.
- It may help to prevent tooth decay and promotes good oral health.
- Wheatgrass juice can be used as a gargle to soothe and treat sore throats.
- Consumption of this juice will help to treat chronic skin issues such as psoriasis or eczema.
- Wheatgrass juice helps with digestion.
- It helps to treat arthritis when applied via a cotton pad directly on the sore joints.
- Daily consumption of wheatgrass juice helps to strengthen the immune system. Because it gives the body energy, it helps to stay active. Exercise and a wholesome diet which includes wheatgrass juice are very beneficial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
How to Make Wheatgrass Juice in the Juicer
Before you begin, examine the wheatgrass and make sure it is free of mold. Then rinse it in water to rid any soil or other debris.
- Rough chop the blades of grass on a chopping board. You need at last ½ cup of cut blades to make the juice.
- It is best to use a wheatgrass juicer, a particular juicer just for wheatgrass. If you use a regular juicer, you must be aware of the potential for the wheatgrass to clog the juicer and it may need to be cleaned out before the juice is complete.
Wheatgrass juice is most potent straight. It’s best drunk in shots so a ½ cup of chopped grass blades will make 2 servings. It’s okay to store wheatgrass juice for up to a day in the refrigerator. If the juice sits in the fridge for longer, it becomes less potent.
Variations of Wheatgrass Juice
*After making the wheatgrass juice mix with 6 ounces of lemonade.
*Mix with 6 ounces of carrot juice for a vegetable drink.
*Juice with 3 stalks of celery, 1 chunked cucumbers, a handful of spinach leaves, ½ cup of parsley. Add a little filtered water to help it during the juicing process.
Make a healthy fruit juice by first juicing 2 apples and an orange. Mix in with the wheatgrass juice and add honey to taste and a pinch of cinnamon.