Who makes the best fruit juicers? Does a glass of fresh banana strawberry juice sound delicious? While you can purchase this and many other flavors at the local grocery store when you create your own at home, you benefit from active enzymes that are not present in manufactured juices. The half-life of a typical fresh produce juice is about 30 minutes, without the heating process common in the manufacturing process fruit juices quickly oxidize. All this brings us to a commonly asked question, which models are the best fruit juicers?
The first thing you should understand is that there is no one “best” juicer. Each person will have specific needs and preferences and these will affect their opinion of a particular device. You also have the issue of different produce to consider. Oranges, bananas and apples will react differently and require different processes.
Here are the most popular juicer types on the market today:
- Masticating-grates, chews then press the produce to create juice. Can also be used to make applesauce and baby food.
- Centrifugal– this is a good general juicer that uses spinning shredder like plates to first shred the produce while the spinning basket helps to further release juice.
- Manual Juicer Press– produce is first grated then drops to a cheesecloth and pressed with extreme force. A good option for orange juice.
- Single Auger-produce is forced against a screen, which crushes and releases juice. You will need to cut fruit into small pieces and if you do not like pulp, utilize the included strainer.
- Dual Stage Auger-much the same as the single auger machine, but with an extra stage. Fruit and is forced through a smaller screen during the second stage.
- Twin Gear– best for tougher produce this machine has two gears that move at slower RPM’s. Produce is forced against the gears, with considerable force and it first shreds then presses the produce.
There are many different types of juicers, and finding the best fruit juicers takes a little time. You should compare your needs to the capabilities of each model and then proceed accordingly.